View Single Post
Old 10-12-2017, 06:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Theresa96

Is al anon right for me?

Hi all. I’ve been with my recovering boyfriend for about 6 months now (I was sort of with him when he was drinking but not really). He’s doing very well, making meetings, service work, everything you’re supposed to do. His long time recovering friends and him suggested I go to Al Anon. I found a meeting near me and I’ve gone to 2 so far, and honestly I don’t feel like they’re really doing anything for me. I’m not even sure I have to go. People in my meeting are dealing with non recovering alcoholics and it doesn’t apply to me anymore. What do you guys think? Is there anything that I can do to better understand his recovery, be a little less of a pain for him, to just be his girlfriend?? We go to open meetings when I’m not working, and those I feel like I get more out of them cause I understand what they are and have gone through. I guess I wanna be more sensitive to his recovery. Like not get angry when he doesn’t reply to me after he’s doing all these different things and is super busy. Thanks