Old 10-11-2017, 02:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Stayingsassy

AA people: where did the 90 in 90 thing come from?

I have to say....there have been evenings where after a full day of work, then the gym, dinner, dinner cleanup, hanging with kids, I have...decided not to go. I find myself often yawning through it or just not always getting something out of it. Sometimes I find it so uplifting and incredibly peaceful but then those times it isn't feel like an hour of sobriety I can't get back.

Energy is returning in week 3 and I'm so grateful to have my family's love and a good career and I just want to work on my home and garden in my precious little free time... really relish my lack of hangovers, guilt, shame, regret...those feelings are just a whisper in the back of my head, now.

I wonder sometimes if AA is more suited to people who are lonely, or who have lost a lot, or who don't know what to do with their down time. Now that I'm sober, there really isn't much down time. I'm awake! I can live, now!

I'm still going to go, just putting it out there that 90 in 90 is feeling like one more stressor in my life, I think if I had more days off with kids In school, it feels like a relaxing treat at those times, not like something I'm frantically trying to cram in.

Thoughts?