View Single Post
Old 10-10-2017, 02:30 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Stacy0701

Originally Posted by Sasha1972 View Post
Not much to add here except that yes, from my experience, alcoholism gets worse, not better, unless the alcoholic really commits to an intensive program of recovery. My ex-husband got worse slowly for a long time, and then "slowly" became "quickly" and then "very quickly". He had moments of shame for what he was doing, and he "tried" rehab and AA, but always goes back to drinking (and it sounds like your husband isn't even doing it secretly, if he's putting his beer in the fridge!).
We have been in the same place for 7 years but I agree it could get worse tomorrow or next week! My husband is very ashamed & guilty & barely can talk to me about it! He drinks alone whether it be in the backyard or in the bathroom for he wants no one to see him. He put the beer in the freezer I am sure to get cold & then take out to go hide somewhere & our daughter just happened to go in the freezer. He does not even know she sent me a text with a picture of it so he thinks he got away with it. My daughter & husband's relationship has been shaky in her teen years so I did not even tell him she sent it to me as not to rock the boat more with those 2. Just keeping the peace in the house can be a full time job!