Old 10-10-2017, 12:00 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  
Stubbs16

Originally Posted by Linners820 View Post
My anxiety has been really rotten lately too. Looking forward to seeing a change with that the longer I'm away from alcohol. One thing that's bothering me...I've always had a slight aversion to driving over bridges, but the past year it's gotten REALLY bad, to the point where I go out of my way to avoid them. The one exception is the one near my house that I need to drive over in order to get to the beach, which I don't love but suck it up and white knuckle my way over it, but the other day I found I couldn't bring myself to drive over this bridge I've been using my whole life. I went a half hour out of my way so I wouldn't have to take it. :/

I've also been having these mini panic attacks when stopped at red lights at busy intersections. Very discouraging. I've read that regular drinking can elevate your base level anxiety, especially if you have an anxiety disorder like me. Maybe this is what's happened. I'd really just like it to stop.
Thats me too linners! Fear of bridges is very real for me. For years I lived in Fl, and had to cross them to get over the bay to get to work.