Old 10-09-2017, 11:30 AM
  # 230 (permalink)  
BrightenMeUp

Originally Posted by BrandNewLife View Post
Hi Brighten!
Congrats on 6 days! I’m on day 6 too after a relapse. Prior to that I had quit for 2 months, and many more few day, week stretches. I’m determined to make it stick this time. There wasn’t even anything that caused me to drink last time. Just got complacent and thought a few sips wouldn’t hurt, then just 1 glass, 1 or 2 beers, then of course back to nightly. I finally get that 1 drop is totally off the table.

I’ve always used it to medicate my anxiety as well. It wasn’t until I had 30 days of sobriety that my anxiety almost vanished (with the help of cognitive behavior therapy). The alcohol makes my anxiety infinitely worse until I felt like I needed it all the time to function.

I really like the blog Unpickled and her podcast the Bubble Hour.

Could you take an online class or something to pass the time in hotel? Yoga/workout? Go for a swim?
Hi! And Thank You!
I will definetely check that podcast out. I do workout regularly. Ahh an online class or something is a good idea. My brain is usually fried from my day which usually leads me to alcohol later on to sleep cuz im wired. And everything you say is true, 1 leads to 2 for me then right back to the routine. Im hoping the anxiety goes away some after a month or so considering I make it sober that long.