Old 10-09-2017, 10:33 AM
  # 225 (permalink)  
BrandNewLife

Originally Posted by SickBeingTired View Post
Hello everyone. Day 7 for me. It's going to be a tough couple of weeks coming up. My wife frequently travels for work, which has ALWAYS been when I do most of my worst drinking. She's going away for 3 days each of the next 4 weeks. It's easier to get drunk when she's away. I don't have to hide it like I always do. I've become a master at hiding my drinking.

I used to look forward to her leaving on trips so I could get my drink on. It's all I thought about over the weekends b4 she left. Sad....I love her dearly and don't know how a miserable s.o.b like myself won her heart.

She leaves tomorrow and returns Friday. I'm worried, but excited about confronting this demon that's plagued me my entire adult life. I've been in denial for decades. I have finally realized what I've done to myself and ready just live a happy life and not worry about when I'm going to get to drink next.

Enough about me. You all are so great and supportive. What a fantastic community! Great stories of real struggle, determination, triumph and failure are told on these threads.

I will do this. You can too.
Welcome! What do you have planned to do while she’s gone? Do you have any hobbies?