View Single Post
Old 09-28-2005, 08:59 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
angelgirl
You're never alone!!

Hi dear Alecia,

Yes, when it rains, it pours. But you are proving to yourself, as well as to everyone else around you, just how strong you are. You need to be strong now, for your baby, and for your kids, when you are home. Be sure when you do have your baby, and you are in the hospital, let those nurses take care of little Logan, and take complete advantage of the time you have while there to heal a bit and relax, because it isn't real often as a mom ( I know this one, because I have 4 kids and its so hard to get anyone to take all 4 at once) that you get a break from all of the ids at once, and this really isn't a break, as you will be healing and people will probably be "visiting" you, but still, it's time alone, and when you get home, then all the work is yours again. I don't know about your area, but here where I live, when I had my first child, almost 21 years ago (OMG, I'm only 37 I can't believe it's been that long) the nurses took care of the babies, and they brought the babies in to see you, and let you feed them, but the majority of the time, the baby was in the nursery. Now, some may not agree with me here, but that's ok, but with each one of my kids, the nurses took less and less amount of care of the babies, and the new moms had the babies in the rooms more and more. I believe now, the babies are born in the moms room and they then stay right there.. I think that's a bit much. Especially for a single mom, even if she doesn't have children at home. But for sure if she does, she needs her rest. Its alot of work when you bring a new born home, as you know. So be sure when you are there, PLEASE, take advatage of it, and rest my dear.. It will do you good

See, you are hanging in here Alycia. You can and are doing this. We all knew you could. You are getting there.. Like I said, God always knows what's going on, he has a plan, we don't always understand his plan, and we don't know why, like the hurricanes, we don't understand, someday we will though, but we must trust, no matter how hard what we are going through is..

By the way, I made a typing error in my previous post, and put your moms death, but I meant MY moms death.
Now, about your dad, you said that was tomorrow/today (Whenever it is you read this)? But, if you need to talk about it, you just type away, let it all go, don't stress about it, write about it instead. I'm sure it's a painful thing for you, so go ahead and let it out. You'll need to do that tomorrow, especially with the whole pregnancy situatuin yoiu have going on,
Keep us up to date,
Rest and relax,
love ya girl
Becky