View Single Post
Old 10-08-2017, 11:06 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
SoberLeigh

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
Congrats everyone!

6:58 am over here

Finally feeling better (thank you full moon and hormones) and I had an amazing night with my kids. I didn't yell, I didn't get mean or angry. We went to a train show and to a farm and store for Halloween decorations. Then came home and decorated and had dinner. Bedtime went really well and I feel so proud of myself for the choices I made to be a better mother. I really can do this. I don't have to be a screamer anymore.

Hubby and I have a date today- our second one this year. I think we are doing a scavenger hunt in the city although I wouldn't mind a hike on a nearby trail either.

Here for another 24 hours of freedom. As I've been meeting new people through my kids school I sense the AV coming out trying to get me to drink again. I have to deal with hanging out with people in social situations where there is drinking and I'm not ready for that. Or maybe I am? I'm not sure. I guess I just miss the old days of socializing that way. I hope that feeling gets easier with time.
It is wonderful to hear you sounding so upbeat, Sunflowerlife. Your day with the kids sounded fantastic

Enjoy your date today.

Always have an escape plan in your pocket when you venture into those social situations and bring plenty of our favorite non-alcoholic beverage with you.