View Single Post
Old 10-07-2017, 05:00 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
SaveHer

I apologize, lmrs, if you felt that I was judging you or blaming you. That was not my intention. Perhaps I misinterpreted the tone of your post, but I was merely trying to help you see the severity of the situation. I am so glad to hear that you have taken measures to ensure your wife will no longer endanger your daughter.

I think we've been programmed to believe that the worst thing you can do to a child is divorce... but when you're married to an alcoholic, the normal rules simply don't apply. I suggest checking out the ACOA forum. In addition to the physical dangers posed by your wife deciding to drive drunk with your daughter, the emotional and psychological damage inflicted on children who grow up in a house with an alcoholic, even when the other parent is doing everything within their power to shield them from the drama and to compensate for what the other parent is lacking, is lifelong and devastating.

I am so sorry you are going through this. I truly hope your situation will be different, that your wife will see the light and decide to be a good wife and mother for her family. Around here, this is so rarely the case.