Old 10-07-2017, 10:43 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  
Ananda

It's good to see you all when I wake up at noon!!!!

But hopefully that is going to change (waking time that is). I saw the lung doctor, and it is all good though it sounds bad ... it means they can help me!

I DO have sleep apnea ... for some reason the sleep study people just didn't finish their job ... so I go in Tuesday for them to actually hook up the machine and get things sorted. Then they check if I need oxegen as well as the machine at night. Also my snoring is really really bad and I chatter in my sleep. The doctor thinks this alone is going to make a huge change in how much time I spend "asleep" and how sleepy I am.

As for the tired ... he said all I am feeling is because of my COPD, and I now have 2 medications for it. I'm not bad enough for oxegen, but the part of my lungs that isn't doing well would make me unable to function well...the med should help.

And (this is gross) he said I need to use a neti pot twice a day!!!!! yuck. I will do it in a few minutes .... it just grosses me out.

I too have a voice that recognizes any potential time I might be able to get away with a drink ... of course I wouldn't "get away with it" for two reasons .... 1. I would know and that would be hell .... 2. I would not stop ... I'd be at the liquer store buying a couple of big bottles as soon as the little one was empty....

It sounds like things are settling LSW, hope so. they say no major changes in the first year, but it seems like for many we are forced into major changes a lot in the first year....

All things considered, I think we are all doing pretty good!

I think I will be able to get some stuff done at home today ... ended up grocery shopping, picking up meds, and depositing a check and getting a new debit card (mine got "compromised"), I didn't get much else done. I'm late on my bills so I gotta really get that done now.

I miss a lot of faces here, but sometimes life is like this and I still have people on this thread that I can talk with while I hope others will return.

Thank you to LSW and Kenton for caring and being here and I know others are caring even if not here.

I think I'll look for a funny to post tonight