Old 10-06-2017, 08:58 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
BullDog777

When i got sober, i had pretty bad diabetes. my A1C was 11.9 or 11.2...something crazy like that. I think the highest it measure in the hospital was 390 something.

After i got sober, i lost a ton of weight because i HAD to cut out the sugar.
FF to my last physical and my A1C was 4.2 or it wasn't even pre-diabetic yet.

Well, slowly, i've been gaining weight again. I tend to yoyo a lot so i have to keep things in perspective. I try to take off 10 pounds a month. I'm a really big guy too. I'm 6'5" and about 290. I need to be about 230.

Leanest i ever was, was back in 2006 when my daughter had to get life saving surgery a month after she was born. I was 160 then.

So i'm in the same boat. I just try to keep it in perspective. As long as i keep chipping away, it'll come back off.

I was 308 about 2 weeks ago...i weighed myself today and i was back to 298. By the end of the month I'll be back to 288.

What bums me out is that i used to be able to lose like 35-40 pounds a month. I played football, did mixed martial arts and did a lot of weight lifting. After years and years of all of that impact, my joints are in pretty gnarly shape. Some days it can hurt to walk.

I have a buddy who did all of the same stuff but he was also on active deployment until just last summer.

He came back after 3 tours with a back that was in really crappy shape. He turned me on to something called DDP yoga. I just got the packet the other day, but what little i did, kicked my a$$ and didn't hurt me. So i'm going to keep on with that.

I feel like as long as i'm not going backwards, i'm winning. Some days are a struggle, but such is life some times.