Old 10-06-2017, 07:37 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  
WildernessVoice

Good morning everyone!
Day 2 and doing well so far...I have already received a text from a friend to come over this evening and have wine. I decided to be honest and come clean. I told her I would love to come over but I am no longer drinking. We talked for the last 45 minutes and I told her I value our friendship and I need to make changes for my life.
With her encouragement I feel safer on a Friday night going to her house knowing she has my back and will make sure I don't have anything to drink.

Also..I started dating someone a month and a half ago that I do not want to lose... thus far I have managed to keep it to a 2 drink maximum when I am with him and last night obviously I stuck to sparkling water. He is not a big drinker which I am glad of so I know it would not matter to him if I do not drink. Last night I told him I was thinking of giving up alcohol totally but I did not tell him why... he only knows that I log a lot of hours at the gym and being in shape is super important to me. Trouble is I lied, I let him think it was a fitness thing and he responded positively and I know I should have been more honest with him but right now I am just not ready...
Is it wrong of me not to spill my guts to him?
I would like to tell him eventually if we stay together (I am hopeful lol) but I want to have some solid sober time before me first.

Am I wrong?