View Single Post
Old 10-04-2017, 06:48 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  
GerandTwine
Not The Way way, Just the way

The Winning C.A.R.D. of Beating Both Addiction and Endless Recovery plus a few other comments

Cut And Run Dry!
Four three letter words can say a lot. So, why is the book "Rational Recovery, The New Cure For Substance Addiction, The Revolutionary Alternative to Alcoholics Anonymous" 368 pages long? It is because of what Tatsy is referring to and more - existing context, deprogramming, structural model, family and friends, etc. All 368 pages are important in creating a correct context for understanding what addiction truly is.

With that said, it is always a useful Technique to Recognize what is and what isn't Addictive Voice in any given thought or feeling as Algo has done.

As to expanding the realm of AVRT in SR, I found it fun to start up a blog here and the thirteen posts over the last four years total thousands of hits; and they can pop up on google searches. The SR blogs allow a lot more freedom of speech. For greatest viewership, it is important to make the blog public, and not just viewable to SR members.

As to religion and AVRT there are no links pro or con. The biggest prohibition drive in history pushed people to decide "I will never drink again God helping me." The last three words are AV. Tammy711's blog describes how she overcame that. The moral values behind making a Big Plan may have commonalities with religious beliefs, but that is essentially coincidence.

In the early 90's Jack Trimpey realized that the Recovery Group Movement and it's business arm the Addiction Treatment Industry was a monstrous digesting machine that would swallow up any new recovery method, digest it, and excrete it, indistinguishable from the others in the pile. So he took Rational Recovery and Cut and Ran, Dry, and symbolically cancelled ALL Recovery Group Meetings and severed all connections between RR and the Addiction Treatment Industry. The reason I bring this up here is because I belive it is possible to create a grass roots organization that can be immune from this RGM/ATI digestion, as RR has done.

If we were to start a grass roots organization called Abstainers Alliance, and define its membership as having made recovery an EVENT of Total Self Recovery - taking the pledge - I NEVER DRINK, I believe there is a chance it could actually end up overshadowing the whole RGM/ATI and rendering them much less potent and dangerous. After all, as Greenwood has inferred, anyone who has truly quit is using separation ala AVRT. I think Cut And Run Dry (The Winning CARD to beat addiction) would be a great motto for the portion of new AAers (Abstainers Alliancers) who were Phormer Drunks (PhDs). It would be open to never addicted abstainers, too. It would help bring permanent abstention out from the shadows. Check out this link to a study that shows how many abstainers there are in the U.S. alone. Its HUGE. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.8d8d6c525b68

And Abstainers Alliance would be first in the alphabetical listings of "programs".

GT

PS. Any similarity of Abstainers Alliance's initials and other program initials is purely coincidental.