View Single Post
Old 09-28-2005, 11:00 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Soul Catcher

I wonder what they see? After a certain period of time wouldn't you get tired of being tired? I know that AA meetings suggest 90 meetings in 90 days, and I know it can be hard if your tired from work to make time for meetings and then you spend the whole hour talking about alcohol. I went to one with my friend and I actually got out of there and wanted a cocktail myself. I'm not trying to make a joke, I really did. There should be an audio tape that they can sit and listen too. Like AA on tape or something. IT would be alot easier to sit them in the room and say "ok, you stay in here for an hour and listen to this". Then days that they feel up to it they can physically be there. ALso, I don't understand why they feed one addiction with another. IF they are not drinking they all usually are smoking at those meetings and if they are not smoking they are pounding coffee. Doesn't one go hand in had with the other? I know if I have a drink I want a cigerette, never fails. IF I don't drink for a year, it'll be a year before I have a cigerette. I know everyone's different but don't they take the time to look at themselves and the patterns they create for their own lives?