View Single Post
Old 10-03-2017, 10:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Mango blast

Money and a single place to live does not equate to safety, security or happiness. Especially when mental illness/alcoholism/ addiction is involved.

DS10 and I now have many places that are home to us. All of Montana is our home plus so much more. Camping in mountains, staying at one of our many favorite Airbnb's or hotels... or finding new ones, or (more rarely now that we're much more self sufficient) staying with sober, healthy friends we trust.

We laugh, play, explore. We have many favorite foods, restaurants and activites. We are allowed to have a full range of emotions, likes and dislikes.

Through the example of healthy Alanon and Alakid/Alateen members we've found a recovery that has us enjoying life, and getting mad, being sad, having peaceful quiet times and noisy playful times.

We've also had other therapy as needed.

As much as I used to want a home of my own, my goals have grown as my experiences have grown. Now I want to own multiple homes and use them for ourselves and vacation rentals for others. The more we travel, the more clear this is becoming.

Ideas that were planted are now a reality. We were introduced to the idea of camping in the snow last winter and got to experience it up Hyalite canyon near Bozeman two weeks ago. To wake up in a tent -- warm, cozy and laughing -- to a winter wonderland around us with a creek flowing nearby was absolutely fabulous.

Then a few days later we were back to a favorite Lodge full of history, love and luxury.

Everwhere we go, we are finding more than we need.