View Single Post
Old 10-02-2017, 02:41 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Ohme

Originally Posted by Silverback4 View Post

I believe in early recovery this can be one of the things that is daunting for a lot of people so some other suggestions below in case they are of help.
It's true. I just want to be prepared when it comes up so I don't make a dumb choice to avoid feeling awkward or uncomfortable. I know I shouldn't care what they think but I do and I think that's something that's gonna take time for me to get used to.
One of the biggest causes of my anxiety is the way people feel about me and perceive me and I believe it's the reason that I got so heavily into drinking in the first place. I would drink to not care and then the next day go down a spiral about all the dumb things I said. Ugh. What a monumental waste of time.
Anyways, all of this advice is amazing and I'm thankful to all of you for it. I have a lot to learn and I am ready to hear it.
Not drinking doesn't seem to be the end of the world to me anymore. I don't know when this changed but it probably has something to do with hanging around here for the last 2 years.