Old 10-01-2017, 11:53 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
mandosca

Originally Posted by Layali View Post
Hi! I'm glad you have a plan...
I am hoping that your husband really understands how serious this is for you. One thing I've learned is that when living with drinkers, it really is best when they know how serious of a problem drinking is for you. Otherwise, there is way too much wiggle room for your addictive voice to get in there.
Also, I personally would count this as day 1 for you. It seems obvious to me that you can't have just one, right? But yesterday you had four. Which honestly isn't even what most normal people drink on saturdays. I mean I don't think so.... many normal people have no drinks, a bunch seem to have one or two. Anyway I hope I'm not sounding mean or anything... I'm just trying to help. I just really love that you have a plan all set up and you seem pretty hopeful. So I hope that your talks with your husband go well and that he understands what you're going through. I think that's very important.
Thanks Latakia! You know, I really thought my husband understood how serious it was but he thinks I should be able to moderate so I guess he really doesn't huh? And you are right, I need to consider this day one. Four is just too many, That's ok, October 1st is a great day to have as a sobriety day. I have the "Im done drinking app" and it counts days but also money and calories saved so I love seeing it climb but that's ok, it will get up there soon enough! :-)