Old 09-29-2017, 06:25 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
BixBees505

Hi, friends, I am in for the weekend. Just got back from traveling for business, and there is another large business function in my town tonight that I need to attend. Um..sober, I might add...need to attend SOBER.

What was/is hard for me to own up to is how trifling or ordinary the pains were that could make me drink, that I chose to react to by drinking. My tolerance for emotional pain was shot...I had taught myself a much lower threadhold. An emotional stubbed toe could be enough to make me drink, putting myself and others in harms way. I'm teaching myself to recognize that each difficulty does strenghten me...if I don't drink to it.

So yeah, I am having to change my life. Having to change myself. I have to admit to others, often, frequently, that I am struggling. I have to overcome my pride to deal with the humbling fact that my struggle is usually very ordinary, not worth their attention much less a drink...nevertheless I have to ask for help and struggle and deal, or things will be worse.

I loved the tide out/driftwood analogy. So much stuff to pick up. I haven't made a pretty bird out of it yet. But God help me, at least I won't be tripping over it.

I sure understand, Dee, about one more commitment being one too many...but dang, what a great opener!

Thank you Dee for the opener, thank you ALL for this thread. Now lets DO this weekend!