View Single Post
Old 09-28-2017, 11:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
stephengb

What was your drinking habit?

Just over 3 months AF, in last 2 years I have had 4 periods AF but after 6 weeks started again.

In last 3 months I have attended AA and heard many accounts of people's drinking. All of them tell stories of 24/7 drinking with alcohol taking over their lives.

My habit wasn't like that I drank most days but while I drank more than health guidelines I didn't get drunk all the time. Through the week I was moderate due to the fact that I had to work the next day, but come Friday and Saturday I would drink and get drunk. Sunday was hair of the dog and in afternoon and I would stop early evening.

My drinking was by no means healthy and I did have a compulsion to drink too much. However, I could control it and stopping has not been difficult and appreciate not having hangovers.

This kind of leaves me wondering whether I am an alcoholic yet. I have slowed up on AA meetings as I don't feel the need to go to maintain sobriety.

There is no way I want to go back to drinking the way I did and I am enjoying the benefits of being AF.

Interested to hear others experience who are AF but weren't full blown alcoholics.