Old 09-27-2017, 01:50 AM
  # 308 (permalink)  
Tiredofdrugs
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by Twofish View Post
Dear TOD,
Finally catching up on this amazing and very helpful thread! I've missed you
girlfriend! We have had some good talks.
Anyway, I'm so sorry honey. Jethro treating you the way he did, in the kitchen, is
way out of line. I get it that the pain pills had its share of the blame, but we
can't always point the finger in that direction. He seriously needs some
F2F talk to help him sort out his anger issues. I felt my own blood start to
boil as I read about those "couple of rough days" & I suspect it may have been worse than how you described the incident/assault. Words hurt and abuse is abuse. I can't even imagine how frightened you must of felt
You have become important to so many of us, I hope you know and feel that.
Think about speaking to his PCP about the anger and abuse/assault? Possibly
medication adjustment time? You get my point.
Anyway, thanks for confiding in our SR family. We are here for you and so are the
police, remember their #? 911
Please take care, gentle hugs and many prayers for your family.
TF
Hey there TF!

Jethro was his same old self today! Only one incident he got a little angry about today. He cooked himself a hamburger, asked if I wanted one and I declined. While he was eating I reminded him we were low on diced tomatoes and bologna for the feathered kids. Well after he got done eating he went out to his shop. I was in the middle of cleaning the carriers when he finally came back inside. Dark was approaching quickly and I was rushing to get things cleaned so I could bring the kids back inside.

I was walking out the door with a water dish in my hand when he made a snide remark about something. I don't remember what it was. Something in reference to I could be helping him I think. I stopped in the doorway onto the porch room and looked at him. I held up the water dish and said: "What does it look like I'm doing right now? I guess I'm taking this water dish to my desk instead of a carrier? I reminded him I told him the dicing needed to be done hours ago, but he chose to walk outside to his shop w/o getting it done!" He didn't say a word, just kept cutting. See he likes to play these blame games with me, but he always gets an honest truthful answer back. Or I just ignore him and leave him to figure it out.

I spent years strung out on pain meds! I already know how a person is when they are miserable from using pills. He can't pull the wool over my eyes. He accuses me of being a know it all when it comes to the pain meds and I always say: "Why yes I am!" LOL Thank God I have over 3 years clean off them, because I can deal with his BS!

He's got a lot on his plate right now and is super stressed out. Plus he has legitimate reasons to take the pain meds, but he's been on them for too many years now and needs to find another source of relief. He doesn't take them daily either. But man when he does! OUI! I can't tell you how happy I was to hear the FDA was cracking down on the pain meds being distributed! I'm waiting to see what his doctor tells him the next time he asks for a refill. I don't interfere in his doctor things and he stays out of my affairs with mine. I don't want to rock that boat.

To be honest? Yes it scared the crap out of me when he started chest butting me backwards. With his eyes bulging and him yelling at me too I didn't know what he was going to do. But he immediately stopped when I told him to back off. I'll never call the police on him. We've both been thru that BS with our X's. I'll certainly leave though if he ever acts that stupid again. He understands I've had my fill of his pill taking. He knows I'm not playing games. If I can continue not using them? Then by God he can stop them too!

Thank you for your concern and prayers! I wasn't going to say anything about the incident, but I felt they're others out there that could use how I handled it and what to look for if their significant other starts acting angry!

TOD