Thread: Emotional abuse
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2017, 02:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Mango blast

Trauma bonding occured in my marriage, entertwined and knotted up along with actual love. The trauma bonding started to strangle the love.

My husband and I are both in recovery. Mine came first, and with freedom from my interference in his journey with alcoholism he was able to find a path that works for him. Yes, it was a rocky one... I truly needed to step aside for him to take that walk with others who understood in ways I'm not meant to be there for. We are now building a stronger marriage in a new way.

Trauma bonding was the basis of my experience of life from birth. I couldn't see that until fairly recently. There is no love from my parents. There is a show for their egos, for others. There is manipulation, control and hatred, enveloped in something that looks really pretty to the outside world.

I was brought into No Contact with them by direction of God/Higher Power/Universe. I am now healing faster than ever, releasing old stress, illnesses and pain that I didn't realize was caused by trauma bonding... it's been a rapid transition I'm being carried through by healthy people showing up in my life and giving me support as I need it.

Trauma bonding was the basis of my relationship with my brother, my only sibling. He is also an emotional and psychological abuser. I'm now in No Contact with him and his entire family. It's become a great relief.

Recovery from trauma bonding for me has included many things, including time with volunteers and professionals at my local domestic violence center. Emotional abuse and psychological abuse are forms of domestic violence.

This is getting easier to find a voice about and share. THIS is me taking a brave step forward today. With it, I'm having some physical reactions that will soon pass. I may have some emotional and psychological reactions, but I have skills to deal with those now. I'm no longer afraid of my own family. The loving relationships are stronger, the ones I thought were loving and were not are now dissolved. I no longer consider my parents and brother as "family". There are many other people who are becoming family to me. Blood ties not required.