View Single Post
Old 09-24-2017, 11:09 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
MindfulMan
No Dogma Please

I was wondering the same thing. Can you leave him instead of pushing him away and waiting for him to leave?

He's been very clear, and you are too, about what he didn't like about your drinking.

What was he getting out of your drinking that he's being so nasty and unsupportive in your sobriety? In fact, he's doing everything he can to STOP you making progress in your sobriety!

Is it possible that he used you and your drinking as a scapegoat for anything that he was unhappy about and/or not going the way he wanted it to in life, and you've yanked away that lifering? Is that why he's so terrified about seeing a therapist with or without you, because then he'd have no choice but look inward at himself?

He sound like he very much enabled your drinking. If he hated your drinking so much, why did he go out and get you alcohol?

Does he drink in any way, either alcoholically or in a relatively "normie" way? Could he be upset that he's losing a drinking partner?

I know that there are two sides to every story and I don't know you or your husband...but I doubt you're entirely (or even mostly) wrong here. You're doing the right thing and getting sober FOR YOURSELF, maybe that's why he's upset, you're not doing it for him and becoming more independent.

When's he going to give up the anger? Does he want you to bleed on the floor or something?