View Single Post
Old 09-27-2005, 02:40 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
nocellphone
Cruelty-Free

Originally Posted by historyteach
Tonight, I'm planning on going to my first naranon meeting. I've always gone to alanon, because there were no naranon where I lived. I'm a bit nervous, but, I'm in a very good place today, because of my recovery and friends here.
I have a double-winner friend who once said, "I'll go anywhere they talk about the Steps and God". I'm of that opinion myself!

Originally Posted by JT
I keep my radar pointed inward instead of outward.
Nice! Thanks for this!

Originally Posted by Neasa
I as an ACOA have the disease of alcoholism.
That thought blew me away when it first came to my attention, as well. But when it did, it was one of those "A-Ha!" moments. I finally had an accurate diagnosis for what I'd been drowning in all those years, and I found my "treatment" in Al-Anon (and Al-Anon Adult Child Focus groups).

Originally Posted by GettingBy
I no longer have the urge to drive my car into a telephone poll... I could have died from this disease, and what a shame that would have been.
I am filled with gratitude that you, I and everyone here today did not have to needlessly die from this disease... In my case, death was close too many times.

I'm also grateful that my answer to the question "How are you today?" is no longer, "Well, I haven't had a suicidal or homicidal thought today!" For me, that used to be as good as it got. And just for today, it's no longer that way!