View Single Post
Old 09-24-2017, 09:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
dejavuwife

Originally Posted by maia1234 View Post
D,
I am not sure that he has hit his rock bottom. They say that addicts need to 'research' and check themselves in, to truly get it. I hope for your sake that he will learn something and detox in a healthy manner.

What is your plan if he fails? Odds are stacked up against him so be realistic that he might not stay. If you tell him something, you have to follow through. No more threatening something and letting this time "pass". You need to figure out what is best for you and the kids. Stop putting your life on hold for an addict, I waited 34 years and I never saw the "miracle". Always have a plan B.
I have only been doing this for a few months with him...not years. He did this a couple of summers ago for a few months, too, with alcohol. If he doesn't stay, I have to file for divorce to get him out of the house. I have already talked with a lawyer on how to get him out of the house.

I read that, too, but I also read things that say even court-ordered treatment can be more successful than is often reported. I guess time will tell. He has NO ONE supporting him in his addiction. He does not have anyone in his life who is doing what he is doing.