View Single Post
Old 09-24-2017, 08:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
cairn

statistic...personal report

I am now sober almost two years. Had a hard urge to drink once last summer, and the thought arose while driving after some success between jobs of seemingly scientific curiosity whether it is true or false that i can never safely again have one or two drinks, and with that thought 'only one way to find out - try it! try it more than once!' as they say it in AA.

The notion passed but the curiosity remains, and i honestly cannot tell if it is 'rationalization' or sincere curiosity. Now that i typed that last sentence though, i see that at the base of it is : clearly some element of desire for a drink!

I had elected this year to make good on my debts toward people and also see if i could regain any workplace confidence/esteem. I am sorta out of debt on the books and did secure a bit of a position. But life continues and i have opinions about it all an
even some vague ambitions again, hopefully some of them slightly more mature than before.

I have MUCH less -uncomfortable- chronic fears and waking to face a day has been on the whole a bit more pleasant. I am of much more help to my own offspring, but I NEVER did resolve or repair any old broken relations because i could not find sincerity for their wellbeing inside of me anywhere and i don't want to be fraudulent.

I haven't learnt any more about 'prayer and meditation' and my character is still kinda shoddy, rough around the edges and pretty sloppy all in all, and i still tend to feel somehow superior to a BUNCH of people, sometimes ALL of them, but i hide that fact a little less, which to me represents a degree of improvement...and there's other little 'growing up' plusses...

But it has been all work and sleep and recover so you can work again, like auschwitz, ...

and i was really wanting there to be more to life than that

I guess it's time for another review and maybe change. Work season will wind down and i would prefer not to stagnate and

i still feel i must find out whether it is true that i cannot drink anything at all without the benders setting in.

posting here because it was AA's message and indisputable goodwill in action that penetrated my consciousness and rendered me inexplicably sober in the first place.

faith not yet a working muscle for me. still lean mostly on self reliance, though i know it falls short of what i have seen in others.

anyway

the great experiment raises its head again - not the same old gripping urge, but the mental obsession once again...