View Single Post
Old 09-23-2017, 09:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Sasha1972

Thanks all! I woke up this morning absolutely exhausted, with a pounding headache. I think that's what happens when the adrenaline I've been mainlining for the last six months drains away. I know nothing is ever over when you're dealing with an alcoholic, but I'm thinking ... this is pretty close to over. I will legally have primary residence and control over Kid's visits with ex, I don't have to worry about ex launching some ridiculous court action to enforce the (very outdated) terms of our divorce judgment for shared parenting, the basis for ongoing child support has been established, and there's a road map for ex to get back to shared parenting if he so chooses. But I doubt he will so choose.

Yesterday at the end of arbitration, ex was doing the "I'm taking responsbility for my recovery" thing and wanted to have a "family meeting" with him and me and Kid today, so we could jointly explain these new terms to Kid. "Oh what fun", I thought to myself, but "Sure, that's a really good idea" is what I said. This morning I got a text from ex cancelling the family meeting because he "has a headache". No response when I suggested rescheduling. And now the SoberLink test reports, which I had been getting every few hours in the week leading up to arbitration, have disappeared. Who knows when or if he will pop up again?