View Single Post
Old 09-22-2017, 09:08 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Smarie78

Originally Posted by Ariesagain View Post
"I've seen NO signs of him trying to get help or doing anything to start that process. The promise that he'll do something the next day never materialized."

This is all you need to know.

Words are easy.

Actions are hard.

Save yourself, yes? If it helps, you are giving him an example of what that looks like. Maybe he'll get it, maybe he won't, but you will have your life back.

Sending you a hug.
Agree 10000%. Abf would always do this, break down crying and promise to change. My guilt would give in and I would give another chance. While he may not have a picked up a drink the very next day, he wasn't doing anything about the problem either. It's like nothing happened. If he truly was willing, I would have seen him in treatment that very next day. Being ACTIVE in fighting it, not just white knuckling and throwing you some crumbs that he will not drink today.

You are making the right choice. Nobody is saying it is forever, but you deserve some peace and serenity. It's not like you haven't offered it to him. You have. Many times. You just did and still he is choosing not to use it and that is HIS choice. Stay strong.