View Single Post
Old 09-22-2017, 07:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Becki67

Feel Myself Caving...Need Support

Hello everyone,

I want to fill you in on what's happened since my last post. I told him on Tuesday that we were leaving and that initial conversation went really well. Well...later that night I got the full onslaught of his tears and unhappiness with us going. Then, Wednesday night he came up to the table with the entire family, sobbing, and telling us he's sorry for being a drunk, he loves us all, he understands why we want to leave, he doesn't want us to go, but he'll understand if we choose to but he wants us to think about it. Well....I've found myself wavering....AGAIN putting his feelings ahead of mine. One day I want to stay and another I want to leave. Today, I want to leave because since that night I've seen NO signs of him trying to get help or doing anything to start that process. The promise that he'll do something the next day never materialized. He's not drinking, but he's still on the couch sleeping during the day and we're still tiptoeing around the house. Our final meeting on the house is tonight where we walk through and sign the the lease. My stress level is back up and I'm feeling really anxious again. I really need to stick to my guns here, but the guilt is hitting me hard. I'm really sucked in here, aren't I?

Help?