View Single Post
Old 09-27-2005, 10:04 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
jbm125
Jack

Protect the child!

Hi kvp...if you do nothing else protect the child. Can you imagine the situations she's in? She walks in Mom's bedroom and sees her shooting up.
She sees Daddy banging. Where is the money coming from? I did a lot of drugs for a lot of years but never, NEVER, let my kids (4 kids- 3 boys and a girl)) see it. My kids saw me in strange situations but never saw me with a spike. They saw me drinking, smoking pot but thanks to a beautiful , heroic wife she shielded them from what you describe in your friends life.
Nothing...NOTHING is more important than that 2 yr old, TWO YEARS OLD, be removed from that situation
Call the police, call any agency that can take that child from a pair of junkies.
Think about the night they fall asleep and drop a cigarette on a flammable surface and the 2 yr old, who is unable to defend herself, burns to death.
If she's asking for money what do you think she'll spend it on? Milk, Cheerios,
paying the heating bill? Any and all junkies will spend borrowed money on dope. The reason they are borrowing money is they spent all their money on dope already.
If your friend refuses treatment options ..."nothing changes unless something changes". She has choices and options. The child does not.
Children are subject to whatever their parents decide.
Maybe the idea of losing their child will motivate them to clean up. I wish you well and good luck with your friend(s).
God bless