View Single Post
Old 09-21-2017, 10:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
jessicamae
09/26/2015

Look at it this way... Part of us being in recovery and growth is by getting out of ourselves we can do things for other people. You did something nice for her, take any bad/good expectations out of the situation and just let it be what it is. Don't feel bad about that, small potatoes.

I know seeing that on Instagram had to have hurt and the honest truth of the matter is that we hurt people in our path, especially the ones we love the most. With recovery comes pain but I PROMISE you that as more time goes by and the more you improve your life, the guilt will go away. Especially if you get a sponsor and work the steps. Also, self-awareness is a wonderful gift we get in recovery. "We will not regret the past nor wish to shut the door on it"

Read pg 83-84 in the big book. I read this every single day and it still brings me to tears. Good luck!

P.S. when I got clean and sober I got rid of every social media site I was on. I have to tell you it is one of the best decisions I have made in my recovery. It leaves me time to focus on the here and now and keeps me out of the unnecessary drama. Being an addict in recovery I create enough drama for myself...promise.