View Single Post
Old 09-21-2017, 03:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
saoutchik
saoutchik

Thank You Weekenders. 22-24th Sept

The alcoholic or addicted user wants his or her poison every day but there is no doubt that the weekend adds a certain piquancy to that desire and for many of us it allows the extra time and freedom from responsibilty to indulge in our addictions.

This thread is all about helping each other through what should be the best days of the week, sharing experiences and hopefully taking pleasure in life along the way.

I first started posting in Weekenders over two and a half years ago when it was lead off each week by the excellent Ken aka Weasel1966. I took over opening the thread from Dee nearly a year ago.

I have had a wonderful time both as a regular poster and opening the thread but I am coming up to 1000 days sober andI feel that now is the right time to step down from opening the thread before I begin repeating myself grandad Simpson style.

I do hope that the thread will continue, if it does I will definitely be posting. Weekenders has played such a big part in my recovery because it deals with the more general or day to day realities of staying sober as opposed to the more specific posts elsewhere on SR.

I would like to end by offering a huge thank you to anyone who has ever posted here and thus contributed to my ongoing recovery.

Saoutchik
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20170921_103627.jpg (29.7 KB, 122 views)