Old 09-17-2017, 01:49 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Tetra

It wasn't a bad weekend for me. I got paid on Thursday so that's great. On Thursday afternoon our line manager came into the office and said we had to make a few minor changes. One of them being to put my name along with the others on our office door. I have been there for over a year now and we never changed the sign. On Friday the new sign went up with my name on it. Even though it's a minor thing, taking into account my troubled past it was an emotional moment for me. I took a photo of it on Friday evening when everyone had left.

This weekend I did not go to my parents. I stayed here instead. It's always dangerous for me to stay in town the weekend after I get paid but I just bought a few books and a box set of rather expensive face creams which are gorgeous I must say. I buy myself one expensive set of creams once a year around this time. The rest of the year I use creams from Tesco.

I actually met a new guy friend for coffee on Saturday. He bought me some flowers which was rather nice. I had told him beforehand that most people say I'm quiet and shy. He texted me after to say that I didn't seem that quiet with him, which is actually quite nice. When you have had people telling you all your life that you are this or that it's nice to meet someone who feels differently and who are willing to look beyond that. Actually I always thought it was difficult to meet men. I was incorrect. It is insanely easy when you are (a) sober (b) employed and (c) moved out of your parents attic and (d) have a baby face like me (so I'm told anyway)

I will be 37 in the middle of October. I'm finally living the life that I should have done 10 years ago. Oh well... age is just a number right?