Thread: Here we go....
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2017, 02:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Upsidedown23

Here we go....

Hi all,

I recently started the thread 'afraid of losing myself' regards entering into a relationship with an alcoholic and you all warned me against it but I didn't end it there.

In the few weeks that have followed, we have got on so brilliantly, no issues whatsoever. It's been wonderful.

Until yesterday....

We were going into the local town to meet my sister. We were running late so I got out as we reached the car park and he told me he would park up then meet us. He never showed.

I called and text several times and after about 90 mins my sister and I were finished shopping so decided to give up and go home.

When we reached the car park, I saw him. In the back of a police car. Went over and asked what was going on, they told me he'd been arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence and was being taken in for questioning.

That was at about 4pm. He used his phone call to ring me at about 8:45pm to let me know which station he was at and that he was ok, would call again once he had been released.

It's now 10:30am and I still haven't heard so I've called the station and they confirm he is still there but no details on when he will be released.

I'm at my wits end, I don't even see how he could have been drunk, we were together for about 18 hours before I got out of his car and I know he hadn't been drinking so I can only assume he went off to drink somewhere before parking? Like I say it was 90 mins from when he dropped me off until I saw him in the police car so who knows what happened in that time.

I'm not really sure why I'm telling you all this, I just need to get it out. I know I should feel angry with him, glad I dodged a bullet and never see him again.

But instead I feel worried about him and want to see him, make sure he is ok. Just needed to speak to someone who knows what I'm going through because my sister just doesn't understand, she told our parents and they don't get it either. They all just think I'm insane. Which I guess I am.