Old 09-16-2017, 06:55 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Ken33xx

Originally Posted by JIreland View Post
Hey,

I am on detox number 5 over the years but I keep going back to drinking..

I have pretty much been told its extremely likely I will be found dead in my place in months or even weeks.. My results are extremely bad for every test.
A number of doctors have said they have never seen such bad results..

So I am being admitted for a detox on monday, I was turned away last week from the hospital because they said its wasting resources but I have been going to an alcohol service for a long time trying to get back on track and they also contacted the hospital and they have someone working in there, so I am getting a place.

I don't know what to do after the detox myself.. Its only the first step.
I will be in contact with the alcohol service, but I also was previously but still went back on the drink, so I have to have something different this time.
The hospital will be asking me this also because its a lot of resources involved so they cant just keep doing this, either way, it looks like this is my last, one way or the other.

A huge problem is I have very bad anxiety and depression, kind of catch 22 because the alcohol actually helps me with that but I know it is worse in the long run.

Just hoping for some experiences or ideas / suggestions please..

Thanks for any help

Speaking for myself I didn't want to stop. I mean I wanted to but at the same time I didn't. It was only after a good fifteen year run of problematic drinking that I became willing to do something. Ultimately it takes what it takes This summer I met a fellow who has been in and out of AA since 1970. He celebrated his third year of sobriety last month.