Old 09-14-2017, 03:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
saoutchik
saoutchik

CELEBRATING FURRY FRIENDS WEEKENDERS THREAD 15-17 Sept

Long term Weekenders might recall that I did a similar thread 6 months ago, it coincided with my mum passing and I never really participated in the thread after the opening post but I was really interested and i'm sure others will be so please forgive the repetition.

I wish I was in a position to have a pet myself but unfortunately I live on my own in a 3rd floor flat (apartment) I work full time so it would be really unfair. Partly to compensate I did sponsor a couple of Humboltd Penguins at London Zoo, Hank and Grizelda. After a long innings Hank is sadly no longer with us but Grizelda is still going strong and now has a toyboy.

The photo below is not mine but was taken on weighing and measuring day - they are easily lured by the prospect of food.

Pets are often our best friends, they give us so much and in return rely on us to care for them so it is unfair if we are frequently intoxicated around them. Maintaining our resolve is good for them too. I would imagine that pets are a good motivating factor in that regard

Even a city boy like myself enjoys the site of dogs and urban wildlife such as ducks and squirrels. It's great to see the dogs jumping in for a swim and enjoying life.

I would be really interested in reading about fellow SR members pets and if could post a photo that would be even better. I'm sure those of us who, for one reason or another do not have pets would also be interested and may themselves encounter some local wildlife they could mention.

Have a grrreat weekend!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20170914_103707.jpg (42.0 KB, 154 views)