Thread: Hopeless
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2017, 12:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
MythOfSisyphus

Originally Posted by Bebe5 View Post
Drinking had caused me sooooo many problems. A DUI, relationship problems, family issues and the list goes on... I've given up drinking about a month and a half ago to save my relationship. I feel so lost, I think about wine all the time! I fear nothing will be fun anymore, it was something I looked forward to. I have such a love/hate relationship with wine! I know it's bad for me and I can't control it or myself with it but I don't know how to live without it. My fiancé is trying to be supportive but he has trust issues now because I become super flirty when I'm drunk. It changes me for the worse, no question there just so not excited for much anymore. Does this change? Will my obsession go away? Will I have fun again??
Welcome to SR, Bebe! I'm glad you decided to join us. I feel for you because I wine was my DoC, too, and I also felt like nothing would ever be fun again sober. Now, close to five years later I can tell you that fear was unfounded. It will take some time, I won't lie- the adjustment will take some work. But you can unlock a new life that will be so much richer. My worst day sober is better than my best day drunk and I expect you will reach that point if you stick with it.

I really don't like that term "hopeless", because almost nothing ever is really hopeless. It can feel that way at times and booze can really bring you low but there is always hope.