View Single Post
Old 09-26-2005, 05:23 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
angelgirl
You're never alone!!

Cassy

Hey
I do not mean to upset you, nor push you away from this place.
I really would NEVER want to do that. I know you did not say that,
but I guess I fear if you hear things that you may not want to hear, youmay not come back. Makes life easier that way.
Have you ever heard of Co-Dependency?? Have you ever give a thought that maybe you are a codie?? ( a cute term I hear many other saying it, must be well recieved in the codie world) here are some examples from you're posts

I try and do everything I can to make him more comfortable. I buy him food, bring him water and juice and milk. I ask him if there is anything I can do for him,
Whoa. I guess the warning is a good thing. It will help me be aware of myself. Thanks. I really don't think I will walk away right now unless I thought that was the best thing for him.
I only buy him the food and such as he lives in a place with no grocery stores. (he has plenty of money for drugs if he wants them). Oh man it is a fine line here between enabling and helping huh? I guess as I know - it is all about what the addict really wants.
Boy did I walk onto a BIG pile of glass.
Well, I think that is three people now telling me to RUN. Have I taken the advice? No. Why? A few reasons. I am a helper normally.
I tutor learning disabled, visit sick old people, etc.
Anyway, my plan of action is to be there if he needs me for anything positive - take him to the grocery store, watch a movie with him, help him clean his house (motivational purposes mostly). I will not become attached to him, and will be very careful with letting him take advantage of me,

Ok, these are all sentenses from your posts. I also believe you are very confused about what you should do here, you seem to be moving between wanting to help and yet, knowing deep down whats best for him. I am making no judgements here at all, just pointing out a few facts here. I just really want you to see... So you realize.

I want to point other things out, but I can't right now, I don't have time, right now, if you haven't posted by the next time I come back, I will point them out as wel, I really want you to see a few things. Just to really keep your eyes wide open as you walk through all of this with him. Because I am not trying to tell you to leave his side, stop helping him, whatever, I just would like to show you different things from an outside view, It's so much easier to see things, from the outside-in., do you understand what I mean?

Ok, well I hope you have a great night/day..
Love, Becky