Thread: hope
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 05:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
dawnrun

Originally Posted by Smarie78 View Post
Sorry I am not familiar with your story, but is RAH the only reason you are not working at this time? I just started volunteer work and Abf is not thrilled about it. I believe it's about control and feeling they are losing their codependent and enabler when they see us getting stronger and more independent.

Have you tried to work in the past but couldn't because of his problems, or did he forbid you?
Hi Smarie

A few reasons why I hadn't been working I fostered my niece 10 years ago and was advised to give up work as alot of meeting were necessary.

Had tried to go back a few years ago but rah didn't like his wages going down as tax credit would change...I gave that up as I was too tired to argue with him and do a cleaning job on top of it..

Yes I see how easily it was to be controlled,(who would mind the kids ,who will make the dinner?)I think he liked being able to look down on me and have an unpaid skivvies at home...but today I got a job and I hope never to be in a position where I have to rely on him financially .