Old 09-11-2017, 12:15 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  
Tiredofdrugs
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by sugarangel View Post
Oh my Gosh, they are the absolute cutest little babies!! They are just darling!! Congrats, Strawberry!!
She is an excellent Momma! For this being her first time to have babies to raise? She doesn't even fuss when I take one out at night to hold and then pass on to Jethro. He took the little wee one to bed with him this evening while I was getting things shut down and cleaned up inside. LOL It snuggled up against his beard and he covered her up! Yes they are all little girls/hens/pullets! So many names! LOL Speaking of names? I now need to come up with three more names for these new babies. Dang it!

We keep trying to find Tasha's clucker to turn it off! LOL If I take Airam out of her carrier? Tasha turns the clucking on! "Give me my baby back!" LOL Then Airam starts peeping loudly! Ugh!

Ginger found out yesterday she can fly really high! Oh Lordy! I was on one side of the fence that's hip high and she wanted over there with me, Tasha and Airam. I had my back to the fence and heard flapping wings. Jethro was facing the fence and gave me an open mouthed look. LOL Crap! Just what I didn't want her to learn! And sure enough today when no one was out there with her? She flew over the fence to free range in the wide open by herself! So dangerous with all the hawks we have around here.

Having chickens is like having two year olds! So that means we have 18 and four babies! Just shoot me!

I've got several PPL pushing me to write a BOOK! Lordy! A young friend of mine with Autism does lovely drawings and said she'd draw the pictures for the book! If I did this? It really would be for her and her family! They live off the government and have very little income. I keep thinking about how Harry Potter came to be and wonder if I could possibly be a writer? Not to that extreme, but just be able to take all my stories and make it into a book? Ugh! But I wouldn't know where to start? And don't say: "Once upon a time!" LOL

Here's a couple of pics for ya!

Sherry standing on Jethro in front of the large fan behind her, with Jethro up under a truck he's working on.

TOD