View Single Post
Old 09-08-2017, 11:50 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  
SereneEdition

Hi all -

I caught up on just the last few pages. Glad to hear people are on the mend.

FBL - I'm sorry to only catch on now how much Fran has been through. Hope her transition off breathing tubes is smooth.

Mags - I'm happy that the prednisone works to help you breathe. I hope you have minimal side effects and don't have to stay on it for a long time.

Congrats Itchy on 45 years!

OOTT - Congrats on cutting out coffee. That's quite an accomplishment in Seattle! I tried to eliminate it for years, but it was hard to give up that routine. Ironically, one of my earliest pregnancy symptoms was a complete inability to tolerate coffee - hoping I don't go back to it when I am sleep deprived as a new parent.

I'm now 12 weeks into pregnancy and thankfully this week the awful nausea is starting to ease. I gained 15 lbs (eek) in 1 month eating bagels & butter all day long, but thankfully I've been able to stay steady this week and manage symptoms with no weight gain. Typically gain is between 1 - 4 lbs by this point, so I was setting myself up for some serious issues if it continued. In other good news, I can once again tolerate fruits, veggies, salads. My new favorite at the moment is banana, berry, spinach smoothie, greek yogurt with lots of ice.

It's such a relief to go from being in the 'out of control' feeling state that I associate with my addiction to having things working again. I think you can all empathize with that feeling. (NB: I wasn't drinking and didn't relapse- it was the bagels being out of control)

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!