View Single Post
Old 09-07-2017, 10:03 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
atalose

Since the break up he has gone back and forth between saying sweet things such as "I lost the best thing that ever happened to me" to mean things such as, "I deserve better than you, you left me when I needed you and you just walked out." He is also turning it around by saying that he had to cut me out of his life because he saw that I wasn't there for him when he needed me. Now he is acting like the stronger one by blocking me on social media. I won't respond to it or react because I think that's why he's doing it.... has this happened to anyone? Does he really believe that I did not stand by him after all of the things I did? Or is that his way of justifying his issues that he knows he has deep down?
It is not a break up if you are still engaging in conversations/text messages with him. It is not a break up if you are still believing and questioning his alcoholic quackery.

To heal a wound you need to stop touching it. Break ups hurt but the post trauma we continue to put ourselves through by continuing to engage with the ex can be much worse.