View Single Post
Old 09-07-2017, 04:09 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Nic233

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
Nic- people who are 'normal' cannot and will not understand addiction or the amount of hard grind it takes- where a second goes on forever in fighting ourselves in stopping. I have learned that I cannot control others and just expect others to do what they will do. I have just finished up a visit by 2 nice, damaged people who are at the same stage- housing wise in this very intense recovery program. One had just bought booze to watch the crows (football - Aussie for others)game tonight and the other still smokes weed and boozes. They both still engage with others who are actively into addiction. But I let them in and distanced myself and concentrated on me...that I was safe and their behaviour does not have to effect me...although I am emotionally numb at the moment. I enjoy them when they are normal..but I have set my own boundaries..for me. I know you did- but others will do as they do. Support to you.
Thanks PJ.. I will definitely be distancing myself from now on, and they're not close friends to me anyway.. I'd accepted the dinner offer as I usually hide myself away from people when I'm drinking- I made a deal with myself that I'm not going to isolate myself any more .. arghh