View Single Post
Old 09-04-2017, 03:20 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
mm1741

HI GUYS!
Sorry for being MIA. I don't really have any excuses, just haven't turned my computer on much. I've been reading the alcoholism/newcomers forums a fair bit. I want to keep up with my posting here though, for accountability if nothing else.
Still sober! I'm going to be 30 on the 10th of september. This will be my first completely sober birthday in...well, i'm not sure, so i'm just going to say my first sober birthday ever! It sure feels like it! I'm really happy and proud to be entering my 30s clean from all drugs and alcohol.
Nothing really too significant to report, although i've been hanging around the house probably more than I should be. I've been dipping my toes back into the dating scene, and reconnected with a girl I was with a few years ago. One thing I noticed with dating, is it tends to be all I focus on when i'm involved in it. I need to be careful of that, because i'm still early in sobriety and I need to focus on that first and foremost. That means posting here more often!
I think I mentioned in an earlier post that I reconnected with some friends I had left behind in my addictions, so that's a plus. These are sober people, by the way (hence why I left them behind, lol).
My appetite has leveled out, and i'm staying consistent with my exercise regimen. I'm also very happy to report that I have barely think about getting high or even weed at all. I really just never knew that could even happen. I figured i'd be thinking about it constantly for the rest of my life.
I feel like I still want to be more involved in the recovery scene. Now that i'm totally clean, I would like to help others. Just kind of thinking out loud, I suppose...I just have to go out there and do it. Of course, I guess I already do to an extent on these forums.
Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well. And thank you for checking up on me, Lynn! I see you are still going strong, too! Glad sleep is leveling out for you.