Thread: Can't give up
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2017, 05:22 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
DontRemember

Originally Posted by bllit View Post
I am trying to tweek my plan as I have slipped before so I have to change my habits another thing is health reasons that in itself is a big incentive.
Hey,man.. It's not my intention to kick you while you're down,please know that. I went back and read most of your threads. Seems like you're 'ok' for a few days and then 'go back out'. I also noticed the word(s) "trying/tried" a lot in your posts. I had to remove the 'trying' out of my plan entirely to get it to stick. I'm still in early days IMO and I'm at 9months(one night slip in there). I still have thoughts of 'have a beer with them. You're at a party!'. 'bad day at work' 'just broke up'..You know..LIFE. I've finally understood that drinking is NOT going to change or help any of life's struggles..or even help me have a better time at that party...it does the exact opposite. Build up as many tools as you can..then build up more..tweak them as you notice the thoughts creep in. Just eating hasn't helped you stop. Just posting here hasn't helped you stop. Maybe rehab?
You can read my past threads on here and see how my life kept getting worse after I signed up. Hang in there! It's not easy and takes lots of work on your part,but it does get better!