View Single Post
Old 09-03-2017, 03:33 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
SoberTyger

When I drank i used to isolated from my family and sane friends. When i attempted to stay sober for a while I isolated from my drinking friends.
Even in my last serious attempt at sobering up, I naver got around to do any social activities apart from AA - in the weekends I went hiking, fishing, getting far away into the forest, still trying to flee and escape my life, just in another way.
But I really feel hopeful now, that I am determined to work harder on my recovery program and get into doing my 12 steps, getting a sponser, etc. That, with time, i will get some healthy social relations back into my life.

I just recently struck me that, in my sober months earlier this year, was I was escaping reality just as much as when I drank, just doing other things, like hiking - surely, going on a hike is much better than getting drunk, but still, my plan for every weekend was to get as far away as I could from my life and any people, just instead of hiding in the bottle I took my tent and hid in the mountains somewhere. It was awesome, and I had amazing times and saw amazing nature and got peace of mind, but I was still hiding away from my world and my problems...