View Single Post
Old 09-01-2017, 04:06 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Bekindalways

Originally Posted by Smarie78 View Post

The text then turned into a bunch of blows to me that felt very cold and trying to make me feel rotten for leaving him be this weekend. That he knows I'll be feeling great to enjoy my weekend while he is totally alone. It's his way of making me feel guilty, as I am very easy to get feeling that way as it is. But I instead have ignored it, turned my phone off and will know in my heart I did right. If he chooses to drink or be mean to me I will not let it affect me.

Everytime he gets close to seeming like he gets it, the addict quackers come to call. Good reality check for me!
I think the main lesson of my life has been that no matter how bad it gets: illness, depression, family tragedy, there is always someone out there who could make the situation far worse for me . . . . . this idea always makes me chuckle when I'm going through a bad time.

The woman who moved in with my qualifier soon after I left, really saved my life/sanity. I was not in a good way and probably would have gone back to him if she hadn't showed up and stayed (at least for a bit). I still feel both grateful to her and bad for her as he was indeed a mess.