View Single Post
Old 09-01-2017, 02:58 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Smarie78

Originally Posted by Sasha1972 View Post
Good for you telling the boyfriend that you were going to spend the weekend on your own. You don't need to "justify" it by being sick. It is fine and reasonable to own a decision to take some alone time.
Thank you Sasha. Lots of quacking has followed since then. Telling me how much I planned it and how he's sure I'll be feeling much better just in time for all my fun weekend plans that don't include him. Prior to me falling ill I had dinner plans with a friend in town tomorrow and then my nephews birthday the next day.While we normally spend the weekend together I had a couple of occasions come up that didn't include him. Due to the nature of our relationship we don't get to have our lives meld too often if ever. He was already angry about those plans (see because according to him I don't give him enough of center stage in my life as I do other people. What he fails to realize is that it's hard to make someone a priority in your life whom you cannot depend on nor one who refuses to stay sober). He says we don't get to see each other much, but he never includes the times he's blacked out when I am right there.
Our days together are few, but he wastes half of them with the bottle. Why would I invest more days?
Anyway, I was feeling very low after my shower then he sent me a nice text to see how I was feeling and that he's going to a meeting. This made me feel a bit better I suppose because I felt this was indeed a good idea bc if I didn't step back today we'd likely be on my sofa pretending everything was ok. Me sitting there angry, him probably finding ways to get drunk since he didn't have to be at the sober house reporting if he was with me. I thought, wow I'm really happy for him that he's going to take this opportunity and do something positive.

The text then turned into a bunch of blows to me that felt very cold and trying to make me feel rotten for leaving him be this weekend. That he knows I'll be feeling great to enjoy my weekend while he is totally alone. It's his way of making me feel guilty, as I am very easy to get feeling that way as it is. But I instead have ignored it, turned my phone off and will know in my heart I did right. If he chooses to drink or be mean to me I will not let it affect me.

Everytime he gets close to seeming like he gets it, the addict quackers come to call. Good reality check for me!