View Single Post
Old 09-01-2017, 10:02 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Smarie78

Originally Posted by sylvie83 View Post
Bring on the anti-codependency germs!! (But actually hope you get well soon! )

When my ex left the time before this final time I got so sick. Sicker than I ever have I think. He was really bad and I had been such a mess mentally for a week of so before it happened so it's no surprise. Body and mind are equal. Totally in relation to each other. No coincidence

When I got sick it also helped me see just how helpful and caring he was when I really needed him (which wasn't often). Interesting learning....

Don't beat yourself up for what's happened so far sounds like you're adding it all up.

Really good luck. Look after yourself! Or call on some nice reliable folk to back you up while you're recovering. I'm learning it's ok to ask for help...
i so agree with you. My mom said, no wonder you're sick, look at the way you run around with your sisters kids and all the work you do and how they use you up! She doesn't even know about Abf so imagine that.
I too agree that your body just gets itself sick the more you treat it poorly. I haven't been working out as much bc I've been trying to be there for everyone so no wonder indeed. I'm really excited to go back to work next week and make my own life.

I think in his heart he likes to think he can take care of me. He has in the past when he wasn't drinking. Buys me my favorite sick foods and watches movies on the couch with me. Makes me tea, stays close, etc. But in active addiction, he is simply unable to. He can't take care of himself even...