View Single Post
Old 09-01-2017, 08:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
SparkleKitty

Smarie, I notice in your posts you have a tendency to talk about things happening to you -- "the universe", "the tides", etc. -- as if you are just being batted around in life by forces entirely outside of your control. I understand that feeling -- when I was enmeshed with my XABF, I felt like that too, and it was very comforting to feel like things just happened or just were and that I couldn't do anything about it.

But after embracing the things I could control--namely, me and my actions--and letting go of what I couldn't--namely, how other people felt about my actions and choices--I was tremendously empowered to make decisions that made my life better, to let go of the things that were holding me back, and to really thrive in my own self-discovery.

For me it was a matter of focus, a small shift in perspective that had waves of good consequences for me in the long run, despite small moments of discomfort as I interacted with people who were disturbed that I no longer occupied the position they were used to having me occupy.

I am very excited for you to start your new job. I'm sick heading into the weekend, too, and it's the same weekend we go into tech rehearsals for my next play. Let's hope it passes quickly for both of us.