Thread: day 3
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2017, 12:58 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
DontRemember

Originally Posted by Missyk View Post
Thank you I no time heals ,just seem to be getting worse as I get older . Am waiting for support and counselling to help me through this . I lost my parents and my family don't want to know me so just feel so so alone . I want to make amends and turn the clock back so none of this ever happened because the guilt is tearing me apart and I just want to bury my head again and go get a drink . It's not lame what you said ,I just feel I have no purpose and am not needed in this world .
I can sense your frustration,dear. I can't promise you that getting and staying sober will fix ALL of your problems,or that new one's don't happen in sobriety,but most do get better and manageable within sobriety. Look at it this way; You know how utterly selfish you've been while being an active addict? Turn THAT focus on NOT drinking for a while(EVER!!!) and those people/amends/things/ECT... mostly come around. You'll also drop some 'dead weight' (fake f'n "friends") in the process..remember that and don't drink over it. Hang in there!